Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10

Text:
Healing as Release from Fear

Healing: "The miracle is the means, the Atonement is the principle, and healing is the result." "All Healing is essentially the release from fear." In order to heal, we can not be fearful ourselves, because we do not understand healing due to our own fear. "Only the mind is capable of error." The body can not err, except in responding to "misthought." Illness indicates a belief in magic. Magic rests on the idea that "there is creative ability in matter which the mind can not control." The body is the learning device of the mind. The mind creates, not the body, nor spirit, because spirit has already been created. The body inevitably resides in this world.
The use of remedies is a use of magic, the non-creative use of mind. It shows a belief that the body creates it's own illness. All sickness can be healed creatively through the mind, though non-creative means are usually used. However, those whose illness has a strong hold on the mind can not reach the Atonement. In this case, a mind body compromise should be established, for an increase in sickness would cause an increase in fear and vice versa.
The Atonement will reach people, or vice versa, not necessarily through their highest mode possible of communication...but rather their highest mode of communication at any particular moment. "The whole aim of the miracle is to raise the level of communication, not to lower it by increasing fear."
I can relate to the part of this section concerning healing and the difference between the mind and the body. I believe I can heal myself with my mind, but have only experimented with colds or aching body parts. I would not, however, stop taking a "necessary" medication, because I am not without fear yet.

Workbook:
Lesson 10

"My thoughts do not mean anything."

I was to add to this: "This idea will help to release me from all that I now believe." It is a difficult principle to conceive. It seems that are thoughts mean everything to us. They are how we understand the world. I of course often don't like my own thoughts, so having them not mean anything is a relief actually. Although, that also means I must equally apply them to all of my other thoughts, the good ones as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment