Chapter 3
The Innocent Perception
Atonement Without Sacrifice
"The crucifixion did not establish the Atonement; the resurrection did." It appears God's son suffered because he was good. This is an upside down version of the truth. "The best defense, as always, is not to attack another's position, but rather to protect the truth. "Persecution frequently results in an attempt to "justify the terrible misperception that God Himself persecuted His Own Son on behalf of salvation. The very words are meaningless." He "was not "punished because you were bad. The wholly benign lesson the Atonement teaches is lost if it is tainted with this kind of distortion." A vengeful God arises from projection. The idea of sacrifice arises from fear. "The lion and the lamb lying down together symbolize that strength and innocence are not in conflict, but naturally live in peace." "Innocence is incaable of sacrificing anything, because the innocent mind has everything and strives only to protect its wholeness. It cannot project." "Good can withstand any form of evil, as light abolishes forms of darkness. The Atonement is therefore the perfect lesson. It is the final demonstration that all the other lessons I taught are true. If you can accet this one generalization now, there will be no need to learn from many smaller lessons. You are released from all errors if you believe this."
Workbook:
Lesson 15
"My thoughts are images I have made."
Our entire perception of the world is based upon our thoughts. Our thoughts are images of the world, like pictures we've taken, each which a certain perspective. We take those pictures and so they are subject to falsehoods. Untruths. Based on our experiences, which have been based on a world that has been created for us. I want to see the real world. Not the world I have made or the world I have been given.
No comments:
Post a Comment