Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6

Text:
Wholeness and Spirit

We are an inextricable part of God and spirit. We are all holy, though we can choose to be nearly without creativity, but always have some of it because we are of the Creator. "When everyone recognizes that he has everything, individual contributions to the Sonship will no longer be necessary...When the Atonement has been completed, all talents will be shared by all the Sons of God." We are truly deprived of nothing...all real power we have flows from God. "The creation is whole, and the mark of wholeness is holiness." I might actually like to substitute the word "wholeness" for "holiness" because holy is another term that I find difficult to process. Just like the Atonement - I like more to think of it as the At-one-ment. Shallow roots cannot be deepened...this is an illusion. Shallow roots, our attachment to the world, must be uprooted. We need only realize it seems that we are Sons of God and we are whole because we are part of creation. I like this idea. Pulling up shallow roots does sound a challenge, however, as we are so attached to this story of ourselves and the Ego.

Lesson 6

"I am upset because I see something that is not there."

And so the answer is...I am upset because I see something that is not there. This makes sense. If nothing I see and none of my thoughts do not mean anything, then I suppose seeing something that's not there goes along with those lines of thought. I found relief in this exercise as well. When I became upset about something and repeated this phrase, I was reminded nothing real can be threatened.


No comments:

Post a Comment