Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4

Text:
Atonement and Miracles

Christ consciousness is in charge of the process of Atonement. He stands at the end if we fail temporarily. He corrects our errors in thinking. We take an active part in the Atonement, performing miracles for ourselves, and through those, for our brothers. For the Golden Rule to work, we must first perceive correctly what both we and our brothers would have done unto us. We should look out from the perception of our own holiness to the holiness of others. Our connection to others through miracles stops them from being strangers and becomes our brother. Miracles are guided by Christ consciousness since he has an awareness of the whole plan. What is this whole plan? Perhaps the correction of all misperceptions leading to the enlightenment of all brothers and sisters.

Workbook:

Lesson 4

"These thoughts do not mean anything. They are like the things I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place].

This lesson was simple and relieving. I felt a weight being lifted when I repeated this phrase to myself when my mind wandered. The ultimate goal is of course to delete or not judge the mind chatter of the ego. This seems like a nice first step. I did have a question, however, because I could perform this lesson concerning thoughts, but when it came to visceral feelings it was more difficult. Perhaps if I think of a thought associated with the feeling? Well, more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment