Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12

Text:
Special Principles of Miracle workers

Christ Consciousness will adjust time and space to adjust to any miracle. Respond to error with the desire to heal. A miracle is the affirmation of truth. Miracle mindedness is correction, not judgment.

Fear and Conflict

Fear can be self-controlled. "The presence of fear shows that you have raised body thoughts to the level of the mind. We are responsible for what we think because it is only at this level "that you can exercise choice." "Whenever you are afraid, it is a sure sign that you have allowed your mind to miscreate and have not allowed me to guide it." "You must change your mind, not your behavior, and this is a matter of willingness" "You do not need guidance except at the mind level" "Before you do anything, ask me if your choice is in accord with mine. If you are sure that it is, there will be no fear." "There is no strain in doing God's will as soon as you recognize that it is also your own." "Only your mind can produce fear. It does so whenever it is conflicted in what it wants, producing inevitable strain because wanting and doing are discordant." Pragmatic steps part of the larger remedy of the Atonement: "1. Know first that this is fear. 2. Fear arises from lack of love. 3. The only remedy for lack of love is perfect love. 4. Perfect love is the Atonement." A need for the remedy induces fear. An acceptance of it abolishes fear. "You prefer to believe that your thoughts cannot exert real influence because you are actually afraid of them." This allays awerness of guilt, but makes us think the mind is impotent. Yet "All thinking produces form at some level."

Workbook:
Lesson 12

"I am upset because I see a meaningless world."

I think I see a depressing, a beautiful, a confusing world...but I am really upset because I see a meaningless world. And again, it does feel meaningless, because there are so many opinions, so many perspectives, that I can't find my own. My ego feels like an underdeveloped ego, and I just can't choose. Thus the world is meaningless to me. So this lesson says.

No comments:

Post a Comment