Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5

Text:
The Escape from Darkness

"The escape from darkness involves two stages: First, the recognition that darkness cannot hide. Second, the recognition that there is nothing you want to hide even if you could. This step brings escape from fear. When you have become willing to hide nothing, you will not only be willing to enter into communion but will also understand peace and joy (what is communion? Communion with God? With the trinity? Attaining Christ consciousness and therefore being capable of communion?). We are fearful, and work to establish darkness as reality. "The miracle sets reality where it belongs," only in spirit. "It thus dispels illusions about yourself, and puts you in communion with yourself and God." (Ah, so it is communion with God. No wonder we are in need of purification if we believe in darkness) Through the process of Atonement, the mind is placed in the service of the Holy Spirit. "If a mind perceives without love, it perceives an empty shell and is unaware of the spirit within. But the Atonement restores spirit to its proper place. The mind that serves spirit is invulnerable." "Darkness is a lack of light and sin is a lack of love." I would suspect fear is also a lack of love. This is scarcity belief. The purpose of the Atonement is to restore the fact that we have everything and need nothing into our awareness. "The emptiness engendered by fear must be replaced by forgiveness." Darkness is a challenging thing to avoid it seems. In our lives, wrought with worry, we are always told there are dangers everywhere and we must be prepared for them. But in the light, it seems, there is no danger; no darkness. Only holiness.

Workbook:

Lesson 5

"I am never upset for the reason I think."

Okay, I can take this on faith...of course I get excited about the question it raises? Why am I upset? Am I apart from God? Do I not understand anything? Maybe the answer will come tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment