Creating versus the Self-Image
Even though a thought system may be based on lies, it has power because it was created by children of God. "It is essential to realize this, because otherwise you will be unable to escape from the prison you have made." "Eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge is a symbolic expression for usurping the ability for self-creating. This is the only sense in which God and His creations are not co-creators." "The mind can make the belief in separation very real and very fearful, and this belief is the 'devil.'" "You can perceive yourself as self-creating, but you cannot do more than believe it. You cannot make it true."
Workbook:
Lesson 21
"I am determined to see things differently."
This lesson is very helpful. When anything disturbing or unsettling comes up, I am able to with conviction state I want to change things. I suppose this is the beginning of change - it seems that change rarely occurs instantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment