Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23

Text:
Right Teaching and Right Learning

A teacher must believe in the teaching but also in the student. "Many stand guard over their ideas because they want to protect their thought systems as they are, and learning means change." This leads to fear of further separation because that was their first experience of change. The ego cannot know, and spirit cannot perceive. "The spirit need not be taught, but the ego must be. Learning is ultimately perceived as frightening because it leads to the relinquishment, not the destruction, of the ego to the light of spirit." "If you are willing to renounce the role of guardian of your thought system and open it to me, I will correct it very gently and lead it back to God." The hope of the teacher is that one day the student will not need him.

Workbook:
Lesson 23

"I can escape from the world I see by giving up attack thoughts."

This is a very useful lesson and leads to palpable freedom of spirit. The world thus far has become an obvious construction of the ego, attacks thoughts abundant. Being conscious of letting them go is very therapeutic and I believe lessening the egos hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment