The Function of the Miracle Worker
We must understand the fear of release. Release can appear a kind of imprisonment; it is not. The mind can not harm itself. It can only correct the thoughts that affect the body. The miracle worker must be in their right mind, or else they can not help someone else come into their own right mind. "The sole responsibility of the miracle worker is to accept the Atonement for himself."
"Corrective learning begins with the awakening of spirit and the turning away from belief in physical sight. This often entails fear, because you are afraid of what your spiritual sight will show you." I wonder why we would be afraid. "Discomfort is aroused only to bring the need for correction into awareness."
Healing rests on charity, and charity is a way of perceiving the perfection of another even if you cannot perceive it in yourself." Charity is treating the person as if they have already accepted the atonement - it is a in-congruent with respect with time - it is treating the person as if they have already accepted the Atonement. So charity is still a part of this world bound by time.
Workbook:
Lesson 11
"My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world."
I caught myself many times today thinking thoughts that were a disservice to me, and had this lesson ready at hand to help. I don't know how much it actually helped more than the last lesson, but it is a step and a realization of the truth. I do see a meaningless world, because there are so many perspectives, I can't choose one. My thoughts, perceptions, are meaningless, thus the world I see is meaningless.
No comments:
Post a Comment