The Altar of God
"The Atonement can be accepted within you only by the releasing of the inner light." Traditional defenses are designed against the Atonement, "and thus maintain separation. This is generally seen as a need to protect the body." Inside the temple of the body there is the altar of God. "The Atonement is the only gift that is worthy of being offered at the altar of God, because of the value of the altar itself. It was created perfect and is entirely worthy of receiving perfection. God and his creations are completely dependent on each other. He depends on them because He created them perfect." God asks nothing but for the Atonement, it seems, the returning of ourselves back to Him.
Workbook:
Lesson 9
"I see nothing as it is now."
I will take this on faith. I don't know what anything would look like otherwise...how could I? This exercise makes me want to see clearly, with love and light.
No comments:
Post a Comment