Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3

Text:

Revelation, Time and Miracles

Revelation is a connection with God. Revelation is a very personal thing, and cannot be adequately described. Awe is reserved for revelation, because it is an emotion in the presence of the Creator of perfection. The miracle is a sign of love among equals. Even though "No man cometh unto the Father but by me" simply means that Christ consciousness and we in closeness to God are separated only by time. Time of course is an illusion. Christ consciousness is an intermediary step between us an God, as an older brother assists the younger, less experienced. Miracles minimize the need for time. While revelation and recognition of the equality of the members of the Sonship (Christ consciousness is in charge of the Sonship) seems insurmountable, the miracle " introduces an interval from which the giver and receiver both emerge farther along in time than they would otherwise have been. The miracle thus has the unique property of abolishing time to the extent that it renders the interval of time it spans unnecessary.
How do we adequately understand these statements above? I think since a miracle is right thinking and allows us to see truth, it is possible for us to Atone, be at one, with God through the Sonship. I suspect the way a miracle functions has something to do with Christ consciousness orchestrating our connection to God.

Workbook:
Lesson 3

"I do not understand anything I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place]."

Going along with the last two lessons, this one is pretty easy to do. I really don't understand anything I see. I do assign meaning to it, but everything seems so complicated, and yet so familiar we take it for granted. I think it takes some humility to do this lesson and believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment